Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Part 5- last of the new work for now

These last three messengers are large...well for me they are.  I have included a woman in this set as there were several in the set of photographs and children- yes the had committed crimes as well. These are framed in 20 inch square shadow box frames.  Working this large certainly has its challenges.  I made good use of my printer as I can print up to 13" x 19" and I did a lot of that for these three.  For these three instead of quotes I made dioramas.  They are scenes telling stories- stories for you to imagine. All three of the dioramas have hearts- Are they fleeing hearts?- soaring hearts? Broken hearts? ...You get to decide.  Thank you for your positive comments on the work for my show.  They mean a lot to me.

Messenger Richard S.
 
Messenger Mabel S.
 
Messenger Walter S.
 
This gives an idea of scale- the small one is one of
the 9" squares.
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Awesome and wonderful to see the scale..great work.. Such transcendence..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I hope you have a wonderful trip- we head to Santa Fe for our trip in October.

      Delete
  2. my heart soars seeing these, they are amazing pieces of art. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, LOVE these, Terry! ❤ I'm almost gobsmacked by how excellent they are! ❤️B❤️R❤️A❤️V❤️O❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, LOVE these, Terry! ❤ I'm almost gobsmacked by how excellent they are! ❤️B❤️R❤️A❤️V❤️O❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your show will be brilliant! I am so impressed by the continuity and beauty!
    So happy for you, and all the lucky people who get to see your work! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your whole collection for this show. I would love to see it in person. Best wishes
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all your latest amazing works. I love the vividness of the butterfly wings on these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these are even better than the messengers with written messages (says me who really does believe a picture is worth a thousand words!). Having the small collages on the chalkboards inside the pieces is totally delightful - like 2 collages in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sharmon- I am very pleased with these- all the elements of the collages inside the frame are at different levels so very 3D diorama like.

      Delete
  9. Larceny- food shopping for people who were starving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a master, Terry. The visual message board within the frame packs a punch and I, too, love the wings, their beauty and symbolism. Well done. Wish I lived closer so that I could see them close up. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete